I recently created a simple scene and worked with environment lighting checked on so now that I have completed it, I unchecked the environment lighting but the lighting isn't going away. What should I do?
Tip: Start from a pitch-black scene:
- Set all World colors (Horizon, Zenith, Ambient) to Black (hex 000000)
- Turn off all other forms of Lighting (ambient, environment, sky, indirect)
- Turn off all lamps (or move them to another 3d-viewport) layer
So that your scene now becomes totally blacked out.
Then start adding various light sources from the TOP -> Down:
Global lighting first:
- World (sky, horizon, zenith)
- Ambient occlusion
- Environment lighting
- Indirect lighting
then add Local light sources:
- Lamps (sun, area, hemi, spot, point)
- Turn on any material emission (which bring light into the scene)
En voila... now you know and understand which light source effects what in kind of lighting effect inside your lovely scene.