Welcome to Blender.SE!
If you haven’t already, you should take the tour as an introduction. In addition, we have a sub-site for dealing with topics about the main site called Meta (see What is “meta”?). If you have a question about the site and can’t find it among the articles below, search on meta, or ask it as a new meta question.
Here is a selection of pointers which we consider useful to new users and meta Q&A which explain them in more detail:
- When asking a question, remember to include images, explanatory text, and to share your research.
- If a question has been closed, it doesn't mean it is closed forever. You may edit the question, and once other users think it’s answerable they will reopen it. See What does it mean if a question is "closed"?
- Answers are intended for complete answers to the question only, not for commentary or discussion. Answers that do not answer the question may be removed.
- Voting indicates the usefulness of a question or answer. Whenever you encounter a question, answer or comment that you feel is especially useful, vote it up!. Conversely, Downvotes should be used to indicate issues with quality, effort, or accuracy of a post.
- The community may edit your posts from time to time. This is normal. If you disagree, or don't understand the reason behind an edit feel free to ask. See:Why can people edit my posts? How does editing work?
Find out more about…
- What types of questions should I avoid asking?
- What topics can I ask about here?
- What does it mean if a question is "closed"?
- Why do I see a message that my question does not meet quality standards?
- Why and how are some questions deleted?
- Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior
- How do I use tags to find topics I'm interested in?
- Why can people edit my posts? How does editing work?
- How does the User Card popup work?
Reputation & Moderation
- Who are the site moderators, and what is their role here?
- Why is voting important?
- What is reputation? How do I earn (and lose) it?
- Moderator Agreement policies
- Who are the staff, and what is their role here?
- How do I write a good answer?
- What does it mean when an answer is "accepted"?
- Why are answers no longer being accepted from my account?
- How to reference material written by others
- Can I answer my own question?
- I accidentally created two accounts; how do I merge them?
- How do I add or remove login credentials from my account?
- I lost my password; how do I reset it?
- How do I delete my account?
- When does Stack Exchange ask for my cookie consent?