I am using Blender 2.79b in cycles render trying to create a character model with realistic hair and eyebrows. I have set up my hair using a vertex group for the scalp, and the eyebrows were placed using the add tool and X mirror. Standard hair settings;
- Hair dynamics unchecked
- Velocity settings default
- Rotation unchecked
- Physics settings default
- Render settings default with B-Spline at 6 steps
- Display rendered with 6 steps
- Children interpolated, display 25, render 25, long hair checked (unchecked for eyebrows)
- Field weights default
- Force field default
- Vertex groups density set for scalp
- Custom properties default
- Textures default
- Cycles hair settings with root at 0.20 and tip at 0 with close tip unchecked
After combing the hair into the position I want, I can render an image and it looks good. I save the .blend file. If I close the program and load the file I encounter a few problems.
- The hair is now completely messed up and out of position.
- Some of the hair parents have moved position, away from the vertex group in random places on the model, and sometimes floating in mid air away from the model.
- The eyebrow I placed appears to stay in position, but the mirrored eyebrow is randomly scattered.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.