I have been trying a few method to try to create a voronoi style organic type mesh.
My current method is as follows
- Create a shape
- Cell fracture (using a partial system for good distribution)
- Merge by distance (using the slider to remove verts which are too close)
- Delete any edges which would cause too many elements
- Apply modifier - Skin
- Apply modifier - Subdivide
- Apply modifier - Remesh
- Apply modifier - subdivide
The result is sort of what I'm looking for, but I was hoping it would be smoother.
I have been trying to get working on this with sverchok (using the scipy module to use 3D voronoi, but I cant seem to get pip working to install it - I have another thread open about that as well). So currently this is my method.
Does anyone know of any other method for achieving similar result which are smoother final surface texture or product something similar with less steps in the workflow.
Having to go through a delete excess edges manually is not ideal.
Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!