I have two video files with matching background and I like to overlay them. Both are not perfectly stationary, so either one or both need to be stabilized and matched/tracked against each other.
Could someone point me in the right direction of tutorials or keywords to search for?
I've already read up on tracking and overlays, but combining the solutions seems non-trivial. Some involve 3D objects, some are entirely done within the video editor / node view.
Some additional info:
- its actually top-down drone footage of a racetrack and I want to overlay them to compare racing lines of cars on the track
- the footage is stable enough that the tracking could be done manually with keyframe animation if automatic tracking is not possible
- at least scale and rotate is needed for the backgrounds to match
- ideally I could choose a selected smaller area to render into a final video in a later step
- being able to use the grease pencil to draw annotations on the video would be a plus