When I bake a mantaflow fluid simulation, Blender displays it as colored particles before the mesh is baked. Is there a way to keep these particles without baking a mesh and have them in the final render?
You can sort of do that, using the viewport render:
1) Disable all overlays and set the view mode to rendered:
2) In the domain's material settings panel, set the Blend Mode to Alpha blend and make sure Show Backface is checked:
3) Change the domain's material to Transparent BSDF:
4) If you don't want to see the viewport's background, check the transparent option in the render tab, Film panel:
5) In the viewport, go to the View menu, and make a viewport render:
And here's the result:
You can use this in compositing if you need it to see it in your full feature render. Though I can't think of a way to make it look not overlayed on top or bellow.