Like seen in the picture, i want this minigun rotating and want to animate it, but i dont know how to do this while keeping the y rotation constant.
If I understand correctly, here is what you can do:
- Create you gun, keep it aligned on the global Z axis, animate a 180° rotation on the global Z axis.
- shiftE on the Dopesheet to create a Linear Extrapolation.
- Create an empty on its bottom.
- Parent the gun to the empty.
- Tilt the empty the way you want (15° if the angle between the 2 guns is 30°).
- Now your gun rotates on the empty angle.
- Duplicate the gun + the empty to create you second gun, tilt them 30° in Front Ortho view (or 180° on the Z axis). You now have your two guns.