The most popular format for web atm is GLTF, there is a Blender Addon for that.
Ofc. you cannot unwrap some vertices and ignore the rest, if you want separate UV Maps, you need separate objects (not files). Having an atlassed texture is always more perfomant than using multiple ones, not sure if that's an option in this case though.
It's probably easiest to ...
1000 Stamen is quite a lot, are you sure you need that many in Unity to make it look good?
There are some solutions:
Ignore the 35MB, let Unity optimize it. That would be np if there are no other objects in the scene
make sure the stems have as few vertices as possible and reduce their number.
If the stem source object(s) have modifiers on them either ...
The mistake wasn't in the export setting but the meshes. It had hidden meshes that was I believed that it got duplicated. It can be solved by two approaches.
1: Deleting the hidden objects
2: Export by checking selected objects
Thank you guys who tried to help.
I was able to solve this by selecting File, Export, Stl file format, and Selectihg ASCII (so it's viewable in Notepad), and then increasing the scale (in my case to 1000). I still believe Scene Unit (select it) is important. Once I looked at the vertices in Notepad ,they looked "good" and it imported into my slicer (Simplify3D) without a hitch.
I had the exact same problem.
First, make sure your scale on the object is 1:1.
I Highly (x10!) recommend you abandon all thoughts of using English/Imperial units and go to millimeters.
In Properties Panel, Scene, Units, set Metric Unit to 1.000. Length=Milimeters
The second image is the key that will open the city. That little "Scene Unit" ...
Ok i got it. It is indeed a bug in the glTF-Blender-IO addon. See https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Blender-IO/issues/993. There is also a workaround described how we can solve this. So what stays is the hope that other people will find this solution a bit earlier than me and there will be a bugfix soon...
stphnl329 was right. I can't believe I didn't notice it, but the main exterior walls (which are hard to make out in wireframe) are just planes of no thickness. I added a solidify modifier and applied it, and all is well! Thanks!
After porting to bmesh, this should work again:
# ***** BEGIN GPL LICENSE BLOCK *****
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
# This ...
Your object have "Faces" in wrong direction but you will not spot that in blender unless you have "Backface Culling" turned ON.
Now, all you need to do is to flip the faces in blender and then export to UE4.
1st select your object and goto "Edit Mode" and then follow the screenshot below to TurnOn "Display Normals" to check if all the normals are facing ...
In addition to the great answer Jaroslav Jerryno Novotny, which helped a lot.
In edit mode select smooth like:
After that, the number of normals will increase during export *.obj file.
This will improve lighting, refraction, reflection and other effects when using shaders.
Sample script for Blender 2.82a:
creates a text block in blender you can save manually.
obj = bpy.context.object # select active object
ntxt = bpy.data.texts.new(obj.name)
ntxt.write("Name: %s \n" % obj.name)
ntxt.write("Location: %s \n" % obj.location)
if obj.type == 'MESH':
ntxt.write("Vertex Groups: \n")
A script to do this
Shows origin and local orientation of one split off face
Adds an icosphere, edge splits, separates and returns to object mode
Selected objects are the result of separate modifier.
For each face object get its lone face and calculate the global center and normal. See how far the normal is rotated from default quaternion.
Use this to ...
If you are using shapekeys for your target morphs, there should only be 1 object in the Blender scene hierarchy, that of the one you are trying to morph. In Blender, ensure that you can successfully play with the shapekey weight and actually morph the mesh there first. Does XCode recognize the "Geometry Morpher" on the right panel in the scene viewer?
I made a workaround:
Instead of weighting (CTRL + P > Bone) for each door-part-object, I joined them to a single one and applied ( > With Automatic Weights). Than removed the vertices from the vertex groups and asigned them manuelly.
Now the animation worked as expected in Unity
There is nothing wrong with your file. Blender's viewer is broken, and has been broken for many years.
It cannot display pixels that are luminous and transparent (it cannot do proper Associated alpha). Switch to Color (RGB) view instead of color and Alpha. You should be able to see the halos and blurs.
As an alternative composite over a black background.
I found the answer. You have to set the light to 100 percent lit, then you get a good looking result. But the second problem i with the black color line inthe center of the thsirt. Here you have to bake both materials at the same time,on the same picture. Finally you get the result as you want. In my case it looks like:
UV layout is just a visual guide for texturing and there is no reason to keep it for the actual texture.
Basic UV layout workflow
The principles are the same for all editing tools on how to use the uv-layout no matter it is Inkscape, Photoshop, Affinity Designer, Gimp or whatever:
Export your UV-Layout out of Blender (UV Editor > UV > Export UV Layout), ...
I, too, am somewhat new to Blender, and this one has gotten me several times. If I'm guessing correctly, the problem lies in the order in which sources for rendering are processed. In the picture below, I show that the render output panel is selected in the properties window (upper left highlight).
Way down at the bottom of that panel is a flippy triangle ...