I'm following this tutorial: How to Create Realistic Trees
When I set up the IK Bone and move it, the branch stretches and moves, but the end bends sharply:
- Select the tree with the Skin Modifier.
- In the Skin Modifier Panel, click "Create Armature."
- Select the Armature
- Enter Edit Mode
- Open Data Panel -> Display Group -> click "B-Bone" display.
- Select the end bone.
- Shift-D to duplicate the bone. Alt-F to switch direction.
- Open Properties Panel. Scroll to Item -> Bone Name, rename it by putting an ".IK" at the end.
- Select the (original) bone you made a copy of earlier (not the one with the IK in the name).
- Enter Pose Mode
- Bone Constraints Panel -> Add Bone Constraint -> Inverse Kinematics. Target: Armature | Bone: Find the one with the ".IK" at the end | Length: set to the number of segments to the tree base (e.g. 4)
- Move the IK bone and watch the rest of the branch move.