Ok so I have pillaged google and forums all over and still I am at a loss. I have this blender file and any attempts to use the sculpt tool and it does not effect the object. I have gone in checked for any subsurface modifiers, I have checked to make sure that I go from object mode - to edit mode - and finally to sculpt mode. I have checked all through the settings for any other applied modifiers. Along with checking to make sure it was not with the user preferences in blender as well. Here is a link to the file BLENDER FILE DOWNLOAD . You will be able to see that the sculpt tool is not working. Any suggestions or information on what the problem could be would be most appreciated. Thanks in adavance!
I finally figured my no-sculpt problem, it was I was on a shape key with a value of 0. So check under Editor Type>Properties>Data>Shape Keys and make sure you're on "Basis" key, there are no keys, or a key with max value if relative is checked.
I don't know about the specific problem but for the general one I thought I should add this solution.
This was something new. It seems that Sculpt Tool won't work if the Clip End is set to "inf". So for you to work with this mesh you can:
Set Clip End to 9999 or...
In Object Mode, mesh selected.
- Reset location to center. Type 0,0,0 or press Shift+S > Cursor to Center than again this key combination and Selection to Cursor.
- Scale it down. Much. S > 0.001 or just type Dimensions.
- Apply scale. Ctrl+A > Scale.
- Set Clip > End to something high but not "inf.
- Press Shift+C or Home to center view to the scene.