I'm watching different tutorials and making with them different models. And in one of those videos an author used keys Shift + GRLESS.

I've never found such key name before, so I'm wondering now, what is it and where is it?

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Never heard, but see this...meshlogic.github.io/posts/blender/addons/toggle-object-wire it seems to be the backslash...? $\endgroup$ – m.ardito Dec 2 '17 at 7:59
  • $\begingroup$ No, backslash is showing up like a 'BACK_SLASH'... I've just turned on screencast keys, and searching with it. I founded GRLESS in KeyMapItems list, but cannot find what key it assotiated with... $\endgroup$ – Ada Days Dec 2 '17 at 10:11

GRLESS stands for "Greater than/Less" and refers to the comparison symbols < and > which mean "smaller than" or "less then", and "greater than".

In most a standard QWERTY keyboards for English speaking countries (like United States, Canada our Great Britain) these symbols are typically in the period . and comma , keys, to the right of the M key.

Elsewhere however, in other international QWERTY layouts it is common to find a dedicated key with both greater than > and less then < keys bundled together, toggled by Shift modifier key.

For Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Danish, among and others layout for example they are located towards the bottom left corner of the keyboard, next to the Z key.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.