I try to bake the diffuse map of my box model in cycles render engine, but I get extremly weird results:
I made a short video: https://youtu.be/bwoLJ8psZ2E
- This is my model:
- it is a model which consists of multiple smaller models which I have joined at the end, thus it has multiple materials:
- First I created a new UV-Map and choosed Smart UV-Layout.
- Then I created a new texture in the UV-Panel
- Next I hit bake:
- This is the result:
- ...and if I select the original UV-Map then it looks like this now:
- I am not sure why this does not bake as expected.
If I do the same method with another model which has only one material, then it works without problems.