I'm not sure if it's even related, but in the top right corner of the viewport you can see it shows 5FPS.
I just downloaded Blender today and been trying to fix this problem for hours. My Blender is lagging, everything is unresponsive and the viewport is 4-10FPS at all times. I'm running out of ideas what to do.
What I tried to do so far:
- NVIDIA Control Panel, disabling FXAA
- Couldn't find a setting for integrated graphics, nor could enable it
- Disable Shadowplay and restart PC
- Update NVIDIA drivers and downgrade to an older version
- Re-installing Blender (twice)
- Changing Blender settings like filtering and window draw methods
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (no OC)
CPU: Intel i5 4460 (no OC)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 (MS-7850)
RAM: 16GB DDR3
OS: 64-bit Windows 7
I know there are other questions like this, and I tried the solutions, but they didn't help. If you need any other info then ask. Thanks ahead!
I found out one thing - if I make the viewport smaller, then it doesn't lag anymore. And if the window size is still maximum, but I make the viewport small, then nothing lags as well. But why should even lag when it's bigger, if nothing is taking CPU/RAM? This is how everything is when Chrome and Blender are running (CPUID HWMonitor):
More (probably not important): https://pastebin.com/Ts9MN0Kz