I'm trying to make a wire frame around a box have RGB colors emitting from it, well they don't have to emit, just 'glow' with the colors Red Green and Blue, RGB. it's for a small project, I wan't a RGB lighting strip kind of like they show on Strix boxes for graphics cards. I'm doing all this in the Cycles engine
If I understand correctly: You are trying to do something like this
- Create cube (or leave default cube when starting Blender)
- Duplicate it (Shift + D)
- Scale it up a little bigger
- Subdivide the cube for more wire frame lines
- Under modifier tab choose wireframe
- For the wireframe materials copy the below set up.
- After rendering the image go to your compositor and add a glare node like below. I normally do compositing in Photoshop and After Effects so I am not to good with Blender Compositor but this should be you semi close.
- You can also add a streak node to make it look more like Strix
EDIT: IF you want to animate it
There are a few ways to do this, I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do but you can add a mapping node and animate the position by hitting "i" for the keyframes.