Let's say I have two materials "material1" and "material2". How do I achieve that material1's roughness(or anything else) is the same as material2's and changing material2's roughness will change both?
I think the easiest way to do this - is using node-groups. This is instruction:
- Add a node with your parameter for roughness it will be
- Select your node than press Ctrl+G. It will create a node group with output from value node:
- To exit from node-group press Tab and connect node group to roughness socket.
- In N-pannel you can change name to any that you like:
- And finally, in outer material nodes you can add same node-group from
- New node will have number near node-group name. It indicates how many copies of this node-group you use.