I'm modeled a a tree before some days and right now I'm trying to texture the leafs. Is it possible to just texture one of the hexagons as a leaf and to apply the texture of this one to the others ? Thank you.
As part of the same mesh, it would be very dificult, but you can separate the leafts into individual objects, that way you can put the same texture to all of them.
In order to do so, you must select all the leafts whit A and then Press P and choose by Loose Parts. then you can asing the same material to all the individual leafts.
It should be posible to use unwrap and uv textures to return them to the same object, but i'm not so sure, so lets keep it that way, good luck.
I would do it like this:
- Select all Leafs, hit P and select "by loose parts" to make all leafs to an individual object
- Select all the new leaf-objects,hit alt+ctrl+shift+c and select "origin to geometry" to fix the origin of each leaf-object
- If all leafs should have the same geometry, select all leaf-objects, hit ctrl+l and select "Object Data" to make each leaf-object use the same mesh data-block
- Select one leaf-object and unwrap the mesh
- Select all leaf-objects with the unwrapped one as the active one, hit ctrl+l again and select "Transfer UV Maps" to copy the UV-map to every leaf
- Select one leaf-object and add a material to it
- Select all leaf-objects with the one with the material as the active one, hit ctrl+l once again and select "Materials" to copy the material to every leaf