I want to write a simple script that scans all the textures files in a folder containing .dds format files and then save them as .tga. I want to know how I can:
- open the texture file
- get a reference to the opened texture file
- save_as (not save) .tga files (Targa)
- close the opened texture file
Manually I can do the following to convert the files:
- Open Blender, change to UV Editing mode from default
- Click on Open image and load the desired texture image (which is .dds)
- Click on Image -> save as Image and select Targa format while saving
Essentially I just want the automation of the above mentioned process!
Thank you for help!