This happened to me some times in the past. When a fluid interacts with an obstacle, it might appear some jagged pattern in the sides of fluid stream. As seen in the image below, increasing the fluid resolution doesn't fix the problem.
500 & 750 fluid resolution.
What is causing this behavior?
My setup is pretty default and I think this is a common issue. Anyway here is some data:
- The fluid uses the "Honey" preset.
- Surface Smoothing is set to 0.5
- Remove Air Bubbles is disabled.
- Everythig else is Default.
- The Obstacle object is set to Shell.
- Slip Type is Partial Slip with 0.2 Amount.