I am trying to add colours to a cube and export them as an OBJ file for use with a 3d printing program. When I do so, the MTL file is created, but the map_Kd file is not noted in the MTL and therefore the program cannot use the OBJ properly.
When looking at the object (a cube in this case) using both the texture and material display methods in Blender they both show the colours on each face.
The steps I have followed to create the uv mapping, then the material and texture are:
- Switch to Blender Cycles Render
- Entering edit mode, selecting all edges, marking the seams (Ctrl+E menu), unwrapping it, and save the UV as a png.
- I edit the PNG using gimp/ms paint (simple colours)
- In Blender, go to the materials tab and click new
- The surface is set to diffuse BSDF, and I click on the Color option, and then select image texture.
- Click on Open and navigate to the folder with the png file and select it.
- Change the UV view to the nodes view, and in the main window choose to view the texture rather than solid, you can see the colours are now on the cube, and there is a new node containing the new material.
- I then select export obj and have the following options ticked: a) Apply Modifiers b) Include Edges c) Write Normals d) Include UVs e) Write Materials f) Objects as OBJ objects g) Path Mode Auto
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, have I actually created the material using these steps? And have I applied the texture correctly?