I was modelling a Sniper Rifle,my HighPoly model has about 3M tris ,so i find kinda slow to work with this highpoly mesh. I Used the SAME models to work with in low poly,but used a low subdivision surface number in it, got 300k tris.I Used the "AutoSmooth" option.
I tried bake in a bunch of softwares, but the one i've got the best results was Substance Painter 2, it fixed a lot of projections with the "Match by mesh name" function.
My Workflow was simplified by:
- Model HighPoly
- Duplicate all objects and reduce de Subdivision surface to 1
- Join All LowPoly objects(with all modifiers applied), and the same to highPoly;
- UV Unrwap(I Used Smart UV,without "Stretch to bounds" and then, "Average Islands")
- Separate all objects ,rename them with "_low" sufix and then group them in a low poly group(The single UV Map was preserved, i wanted this);
- Rename all HighPoly with "_high" sufix and group them in a high poly group;
- Export All low poly in a single .fbx file;
- Export All High poly in a single .fbx file;
- Bake normals.
But i've got some projections errors. One of them i couldn't fix by myself and here's a picture that shows the problem.
In some tests i was able to render it in Marmoset Toolbag,but once i zoom in those baked normals start to popout and look terrible.
Can you guys help me please?Thank you in advance