Why does Blender take more time synchronizing than it does to render. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
This may not be a solution, but does help me speeding up the animation render.
In my case one object needs a lot of time to synchronize. While this is happening the computer is not really busy. To use these ressources I started a 2nd instance of blender (background render at the commandline) starting rendering the 2nd half of the animation. This increased the render time of both render instances just a little bit which in general accelerates the animation render almost by a factor of two.
I don't know how that is influenced by the specific scene and the hardware used. But for me it worked pretty well.
I am having the same issue across the board. My solution is:
- Clean all un-used nodes in material editor.
- Make instances real where it's possible. (on object level go to "apply, make instances real")
- reduce texture files to the absolute necessary (i had lots of 4k textures in a 4K composition but technically I would need less for optimal display)
- under file- external data - PURGE all external stuff that is not used in the scene
- save the file, quit and re-open it.