I am using Blender Internal (BI). I have an object with a texture applied to it. The object is UV unwrapped. The following happens:
- Viewport: color texture is visible
- Render: color texture is visible
- Viewport: normal texture is visible
- Render: normal texture is not visible
The following is a figure of a render (left: normal, right: color):
The lightning in the scene consists of:
- Environment Lighting (0.200, White)
- Sun (1.00; default settings)
The normal map does appear when the sun is changed from "Ray Shadow" to "No Shadow", although it appears inverted (or something):
But evidently I do want shadows being cast by the sun light.
What is wrong?