When exporting a mesh I've created in Blender, the (.obj) file does not contain the uv coordinates I have created in Blender. I made sure Blender recognizes my custom uv map along with the texture but when I load it into my OpenGL program the coordinates do not match the texture. In fact it looks like the coordinates try mapping to the default uv map the mesh provides.
All other data points of the obj are correct (ie. the positions and normals), just not the uv coords.
Update: I've tried using a full obj loader to eliminate the problem and I've reduced my conversion to 1-1 with the obj index (ie. no mesh optimizations). No luck.