I am trying to setup some physical simulation in the BGE where it would be best if the the total energy of the system is conserved. However, if looks like I can't get the physics engine to keep the energy level even remotely constant.
Things I've done:
- Render Settings: Toggled Use framerate
- World: Gravity set to 0, played around with the FPS and physics accuracy, sleep disabled.
- Dynamics: All Damping set to 0, tried 'rigid body' as well as 'dynamics'
- Material: Friction set to 0
- Material: Elasticity of Collision set to 1
Here is a test file: Layer 1 and 2 has two separate test scenes. There is a notable increase in the speed of all objects after each collision (as seen in the console window)
Am I missing something? Or am I asking too much from a game-centric physics engine?