I was trying to make a rock-like texture for my mesh by using cell fracture, but every time I used the feature - the shards appeared hallow. Is there a procedure I missed; or is there something I need to do with this outer covering that normally appears after I apply the cell fracture?
For those wondering how the OP had applied location, rotation and scale, the below may help.
For applying location, rotation and scale or a combination of these three:
- Make sure you are in object mode and not edit mode.
- select the object you want to apply rotation, location and scale to.
- press Ctrl + A. A menu will appear. There you can choose what you want to apply. You can apply any one or all three too.
Note: Another thing which can cause problems sometimes with addons is improper normals.
To make normals consistent:
- Select the object and go into edit mode
- press A to select everything
- press Ctrl + N to make normals consistent