im currently modelling a ferris wheel with the capsules attached to the rim and i use array modifier to achieve that, although it works with empty object as its offset, the capsules also rotate with the empty object. i actually need the capsules to stay unrotated so it'll looks like gravity is pulling it. how can i achieve this ? (with array modifier or without array modifier
You can use dupliverts to obtain this effect.
- Create the capsule
- Create a circle composed of 8 vertices as you have 8 capsules
- Make the circle parent of the capsule by selecting both the capsule and the circle (in this order) then CtrlP
- Then in the circle's object properties panel check "Verts" in the duplication section.
- The original capsule will not appear in rendering
- The positions of the duplicated capsules will depend on the position of the object's center of the original capsule
- If needed you can rotate the capsules parenting the circle to an armature