Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Visit Stack Exchange
Blender Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who use Blender to create 3D graphics, animations, or games. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Sign up to join this community
Anybody can ask a question
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
I am trying to do automatic weighting on this object, but I am getting a "Automatic Heat Weighting: Failed to find a solution for one or more bones".
I have tried alot of different thing
Removing all modifiers
Removing Non Mainfold Vertices
Here is my .blend file:
asked Feb 10, 2017 at 11:00
3355 bronze badges
To solve this:
- I first removed doubles. This is caused because of non-manifold
geometry in your model as shown in here.
- I then switched into Edit Mode
- Then hit Ctrl+AltShift+M to find non manifold geometry in the model
- I then unchecked all the list except the Boundaries as shown below:
- I then hit Space Bar and type
Dissolve Vertices as shown below:
- After that I did automatic weighting and it worked perfect as shown below:
Updated .blend file can be found here:
answered Feb 10, 2017 at 11:41
6,22366 gold badges3737 silver badges8282 bronze badges
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged