I'm having some trouble modeling the bottom part og a sword, which you can see in the pictures below. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to model something like that, because I'm a little lost ~
There are many way to model depending on experience, style and end use. Here’s one approach:
Delete the default cube.
Add a plane > Press SHIFT + “A” and select “Plane” from the drop down menu.
Go into Top View > Press “7”.
With the plane selected go into “Edit Mode” > Press “TAB”.
Subdivide once > Press “W” and select Subdivide from the drop down menu.
Select five vertices and delete them > Press “X” and select Vertices from the drop down menu.
Add two Loop Cuts > Press CTRL + “R” > Left click and drag to where you want it then Left click again to set in place.
Select three vertices and extrude . Press “E” and drag holding CTRL to snap them to the grid. Left click to set in place.
- Add a Mirror Modifier (This can be done any time after step six). Check off boxes “Y” and “Clipping” in the Mirror Modifier panel.
- Select all of the vertices. > Go into Front View by pressing “1”. > Press “E” to extrude. > drag downward.
- Press “S” to scale outward.
- Press “E” to extrude downward.
- Add a Subsurf Modifier and set Shading to Smooth to finish it off.