I'm learning the workflow between zBrush and Blender and lose all of the hard edge marks when transferring from zBrush to Blender, how can I either preserve the hard edges or remark them in Blender quickly?
- I created a model in Blender with both hard and smooth edges.
- I applied a edge split modifier and exported as an .obj to zbrush
- I applied crease and weld points in zbrush (to transfer the hard edges from Blender)
- I edited the model in zBrush and exported the file as an .obj to Blender.
- I opened the file in Blender, the entire model is hard edge because zBrush only works with hard shading. All of the edge marks are lost when imported into Blender again.
I was wondering is there any way to quickly add the marked hard edges back to the new model without manually selecting all of them?
Could I possibly transfer the marked edges from the original Blender model to the new model through a script? Is there some way to separate the model similar to Blender's edge split in zBrush then combine it in Blender (similar to zbrush's weld points)?