I have setup a simple scene with some hills (one big object) and dam with water. Dam consists of multiple objects, they are set up as fluid obstacles. Dam breaks (parts of dam are animated with keyframes) and water should start to flow through valley.
But, fluid baking stops on higher fluid resolutions (for example 300) somewhere in the middle of my animation when dam breaks.
What I have already tried:
- applied scale and rotation on fluid objects
- removed double vertices and recalculated normals on fluid objects
- run blender from command line and also with -d switch (to see debug output), but haven't seen any errors, it just suddenly stops
- manually cleared the fluid cache folder (deleted all the files)
- set all fluid obstacles to Free Slip (as advised in Blender Cookie Fluid Simulation Tutorial, part 3)
I am using blender 2.69 64bit on Ubuntu 13.10.
Here you can download my scene (it is my first try with Blender, so it is very simple) - scena1_2.blend (30 MB - sorry for that size, some textures are included...)