With the help in Stcak Exchange, I have known how to generate a cylinder with a hole except by knife tool and boolean methods. But all these method can not be used to generate a cylinder with several holes just like below. so please give me some examples. Thanks.
- Create two inner circles
- Extrude and scale a border around the inner circles
- Bridge the inner circles together with two segments. Note the number of edges in the perimeter of the resulting mesh.
- Create an outer circle with a larger radius. Use the same number vertices as the perimeter in step 3. Extrude and scale a border.
- Bridge the outer and inner circles together.
- Extrude the whole mesh in Z-axis to create a cylinder.
- Add supporting edge loops around hard edges.
- Apply subdivision surface modifier and you're done.
Does this help at all? You would start with a circle instead of a cylinder, but you can then just extrude it to your desired size and it will be a cylinder.