I have thousands of .smd files I need to convert to .fbx files. I have an add-on that lets me import .smd files, but going one by one will obviously take forever. I need the script to search the main directory and all sub-directories for the .smd files.
I'm assuming this is how the script would work:
- Get main directory and sub-directories
- Put all of the .smd files in a database or something
- Factory Restart Scene
- Delete all objects in the scene
- Import a .smd file
- Export the .smd file as a .fbx without replacing the original
- Remove from list in the database?
- Loop back to the beginning until no files are left?
I know nothing about python, please help me.