I want to parent my character's pants to the armature, by pressing ctrl + P -> with automatic weights, but there's a problem with the pants after doing so... What I tried so far: Removed doubles Recalculate normals clear sharp and also by manually painting weights, but when I brush weights, it still producing same results. By the way I'm using blender 6.77a

Here's pictures

Edit mode before parenting This what happens

Can someone tell me what's wrong?Thanks!

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ The armature is not in rest pose when you are parenting. You should ctrl+A then apply pose as rest pose. $\endgroup$ – lemon Sep 2 '16 at 9:04
  • $\begingroup$ oh didn't see your comment earlier, @lemon , so I should model the pants, and align it by the armatures rest pose...I'm gonna try that out... $\endgroup$ – amiel Sep 2 '16 at 9:52
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ You can keep the pants in place, but apply pose as rest pose to the armature placed along the pants. This can be done on the select bones (in pose mode) $\endgroup$ – lemon Sep 2 '16 at 9:53
  • $\begingroup$ Oh, I do it the other way though, and it works!Thank you @lemon $\endgroup$ – amiel Sep 2 '16 at 9:55

Earlier, there was a question like this. You should try to rearrange the modifier stack, I'm pretty sure that's the problem. (or give us a screenshot of the stack if you are not sure how it should go)

| improve this answer | |
  • $\begingroup$ ok, thank you for helping, @BumbleBee, for the pants, it only contains the armature modifier, but for the armature itself, wait? armature can't have modifiers right? $\endgroup$ – amiel Sep 2 '16 at 9:19
  • $\begingroup$ @amiel, no, not armatures atleast I know not the sort that a mesh can(ex: subsurf). $\endgroup$ – BumbleBee Sep 2 '16 at 12:15
  • $\begingroup$ @amiel, you should probably upload the .blend $\endgroup$ – BumbleBee Sep 2 '16 at 12:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.