I can only get two sides of a simple cube to show the UV Map in Blender properly. Here are my steps:
- I add a simple cube (ShiftA > cube)
- In edit mode, I add seams to unwrap like a cross (see pic below)
- A (select all), U > Unwrap
- In UV Editor, create new blank image, draw numbers on it with the paint function
- in 3D View Editor, change to "Texture view".
All normals of the faces show correctly to the outside (blue lines in picture). I can flip the normals of the faces and then I can see the numbers, but slightly darker than the first two. Also, I can only do that trick on 3 of the incorrect faces. The last face, whichever one it is, flips the normals but won't show the UV map.
I have also tried different UV map textures and pictures (such as the built-in UV- or Color-grid)
How can I unwrap with seams so that I don't even need to consider flipping already correct normals?