How to make grass appear on top of ground not in middle?
Some things to verify when making grass or other hair objects from a mesh item:
- Is object origin where you want the particle to attach to the ground?
- Are you copying rotation? (You can, or can not, as Yoda would say... but be aware of what it is set for...)
- Are you adding roundness or radius?
- Is the object being used as a hair positioned weirdly relative to global axes?
- Is there weirdness interjected by velocity or physics settings?
And I bet I am forgetting some... but the one I always start with is "where is my origin, and what is the object rotation?"