How to make particles appear where I draw weight using dynamic paint? I know how to do it with hair - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=746GAAZbG_U but this method does not work with particles (or I am doing something wrong).
There is an interesting workaround, found by Blenderartists member suboptimal - http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...inally-working
- First you need to uv unwrap your Canvas and add two dynamic paint canvassesses (Whats the plural?)
- The first one is gonna generate the Time Map, the other one the Density Map. Make sure you turn of dry and slow because otherwise the particles later will behave a bit weird.
- The dissolve time for the Time map canvas must be as long as the particles are going to be emitted.
- Then setup your brush with a white color. You have to use Mesh Volume or Particle system with 0 smooth raduis as the paint source (nothing with a blurred edge)
- Then bake your dyn paint image sequences, the frame range must be the same as your particle emission frame range.
- Take the last frame of each one of your sequences and fill its transparent background with black.
- Add a particle system, it should have a pretty big amount of particles. Next step is using them as particle textures, go to the texture tab select particle textures ( I think they aren't in cycles yet, only in BI). Load the Time Map, mapping to uv etc. and check Time in the influence tab.
- Repeat it for the density Map but use Density influence this time.