I've added a particle system to my odject. The particles follow the normal orientation. I was wonder if there is a way to limit them from hanging off the edge? My approach right now is to convert to geo, then cut them off. I tried using a collision with kill particles, on a box bigger than the object. It didn't seem to work. I'm really hoping there is a better approach. Thank you! :D
I have attached a test project. Link to greeb_test.blend
Edit: In the interest of full disclosure... This my current method to trim up the edges.
1) add particle system to object.
2) convert particles to object (apply visual transform)
3) select the new objects and join them together using ctrl + J
4) add decimate modifier to cut down on lag.
5) use boolean or knife tool to edit object and cut off unwanted pieces.