I moved the object below with the grab tool and the origin did not update.
This occurs whenever the object is moved (with any transform tool, in any manner). Nothing in this scene has parenting.
I believe that this issue may have been aggravated by repeated use of setting the 3D cursor position, then setting object origins to it. As a matter of fact, they move together!
Here are some things that I tried to remedy the situation, none of which worked:
- Setting the object's origin to its geometry
- Clearing object origin
- Applying transforms
- All items under the "snap" and "set origin" menus.
- Selecting different objects (the origin never moves... it might still be the origin of the object in the picture)
- Selecting/deselecting all objects
- Saving to a different file and opening.
As, err, intriguing as it is that the origin is permanently locked into the 3D cursor's place, I want to know if anybody can find a solution to this.