I have downloaded a blender template and after editing it a bit, I set the proper settings and click 'render'. But instead of taking a few hours and rendering, in a few seconds it stops. When I find its video file and try playing it, it doesn't play. Please help me find a solution. I have followed all steps in all the rendering tutorials but still unsuccessful. I have tried searching for solutions but could not find any. The animation is 135 frames long and I have tried to render it frame by frame but have failed.
As others have stated, we are all shooting in the dark. Here are some basic troubleshooting tips:
Are you rendering anything?
- Are the cameras lit next to your objects in the scene Outliner?
- Are any scenes or layers selected in the Scene Properties tab
- Is the Frame Range in the Render Settings acceptable to you?
- Is the Frame Rate realistic?
- Is the Aspect ratio and Screen Dimensions realistic?
- Is your output folder a realistic location? Is it writable from Blender?
- Are you outputting a actual video file type (AVI/MPEG/etc)?
- Have you considered rendering all the frames as pictures as stitching them together with VirtualDub? Does even rendering individual frames work?
- Can your video player even run the rendered codec?