I have downloaded a blender template and after editing it a bit, I set the proper settings and click 'render'. But instead of taking a few hours and rendering, in a few seconds it stops. When I find its video file and try playing it, it doesn't play. Please help me find a solution. I have followed all steps in all the rendering tutorials but still unsuccessful. I have tried searching for solutions but could not find any. The animation is 135 frames long and I have tried to render it frame by frame but have failed.
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
As others have stated, we are all shooting in the dark. Here are some basic troubleshooting tips:
Are you rendering anything?
- Are the cameras lit next to your objects in the scene Outliner?
- Are any scenes or layers selected in the Scene Properties tab
- Is the Frame Range in the Render Settings acceptable to you?
- Is the Frame Rate realistic?
- Is the Aspect ratio and Screen Dimensions realistic?
- Is your output folder a realistic location? Is it writable from Blender?
- Are you outputting a actual video file type (AVI/MPEG/etc)?
- Have you considered rendering all the frames as pictures as stitching them together with VirtualDub? Does even rendering individual frames work?
- Can your video player even run the rendered codec?