I used "symmetrize" on the basis key because at some point I lost symmetry. It messed up all the other shape keys. I thought when you select a full model and click symmetrize it would just restore symmetry but it seems like it duplicates half of the mesh and mirrors it, not sure. I had tried snap to symmetry first but it didn't give me good results. Am I screwed? I saved after symmetrizing, I can't undo.
I think it's the same that I just solve. I had my character with mirror applied and shape keys. I tried to apply the mirror but I cant, so
- The first thing I did is save with another name.
- In the new file I deleted half of my character, leaving the very middle vertex.
- In shape key I rename some "Worry" to "WorryL", "Frown" to "FrownL", etc.
- In object mode you duplicate my character and made a scale X -1.
- In the new object shape keys rename the renamed ones. "WorryL" to "WorryR", etc
- Then I put it in the right position and Alt + J to join. Ctrl + N to fix normals
- W and Remove Doubles.
Ready. I have My character With some shapeKeys for Left and Right. Others like Phonemes I leave the like the was.