I am coding a Blender Ogre importer for Ogre 1.10. I want to import the animations from the .skeleton but ogre and Blender bones are different:
- A bone is a Node
- Have an offset from parent (translation)
- Have a rotation (quaternion)
- Have a scale
- Bones are a pair of 3D points: head and tail
- Can be connected/disconnected from the parent tail
- The offset is relative to parent tail.
- The head-tail length can't be 0
Blender bones cause 2 issues:
- I can't create bones if ogre bone is just a rotation relative to it's parent (because blender will delete the bone automatically)
- I can't just create only "disconnected" bones because the offset is relative to the tail and the head tail length can't be 0...
My question is: How blender import node-based bones usually (in other formats) ?