I just downloaded and installed the latest version of blender for the first time but every time I run the blender.exe file a window with text similar to cmd opens for a split second and closes. I was able to get a screen shot and here is what comes
First of all try running Blender as Administrator. If that does not work try those steps suggested in developer.Blender.org:
- Ensure your GPU driver supports at least OpenGL 1.4
- Ensure you have installed MSVC2013 redistributable package
- Try to disable any running antivirus
- Ensure you have no python executable available in your %path% environment variables
- Try to start Blender in factory settings (--factory-startup commandline option - this will show whether this is a userpref or add-on issue or not).
- Try to place this dll next to your blender.exe (software OGL, will be slow, but will show whether this is a driver issue or not).