All I want is to add a single texture to a plane which will display in the game engine. To do this, I
- unwrap a mesh in edit mode
- open UV image editor
- open image... its a pgn. but ive tried with jpeg as well with no luck.
- In materials, add new material and click plane
- In texture, add new texture and use the Image or movie and then under Image, I select my image file.
- I change the view port from solid to textured.
With this process, I can see the image projected onto the plane. I can also see it when I hit f12 to render. My problem is, that when I start the game engine, the image texture does not show on the plane. All I get is the original grey plan that I started with.
I've already tried switching to GLSL mode. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've meticulously tried all of the suggestions offered on the forums and haven't had any success. Thank you.
Here is the blend file reference
My computer's graphics card.
Card name: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) Manufacturer: Intel Corporation Chip type: Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family DAC type: Internal Device Type: Full Device Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E32&SUBSYS_2A9D103C&REV_03 Display Memory: 1582 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB Shared Memory: 1518 MB Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)