I'm trying to create railings that follow a landscape, something like this (side view.)
So far I've:
- created a plane.
- parented the "post" object to the plane.
- added an array modifier to the plane.
- added a curve that follows the landscape.
- added a curve modifier to the plane, using that curve.
- enabled duplication on faces to the plane.
That gets me a row of posts that follow the landscape, and the post meshes themselves aren't distorted by the curve, but it leaves a problem: the posts point along the normal of the curve/landscape, I need them to be vertical, so that I can add the railing passing through the top of each post.
any ideas to solve this?