Here are the steps:
- Create a cube: SHIFT+A > Mesh > Cube
- Enter Edit mode: TAB
- Unselect All: A
- Go into edge select mode : CTRL+TAB > Edge
At this stage, just a side note: I will not be able to select a loop if I ALT+RMB on any edge... For my understanding, the 4 edges of the top face of the cube are a loop. In the below screenshot, I couldn't select those 4 edges with ALT+RMB.
- Add a loop cut: CTRL+R
- Change to face selection: CTRL+TAB >Face
- Select All : A
- Delete all faces (only) : X > Only faces
- Change to edge selection: CTRL+TAB > Edge
- Try to select the previously inserted loop with ALT+RMB
=>It will not works... It will select all the edges
My question is: is it possible to select loop on object with no face?