I need a way to render a picture that is longer heighth-wise than width-wise. Changing the scale of the camera does nothing. I've been told to look in the scene focus settings, and I didn't see anything. Is there a way to change the shape of the rendered image?


1 Answer 1


Probably the easiest way to do this is to swap the values for the x and y resolution fields of the camera Dimensions-Resolution section. So, for instance, change it from 1920x1080 to 1080x1920.

enter image description here

For 2.8 the resolution settings are in Properties > Output > Resolution

enter image description here

The other way I know of is to select the camera and, while viewing from it, rotating the camera 90 degrees. This, however, rotates the view too.

  • $\begingroup$ I would refer to those as the resolution of the "scene" since the top of the subsection is "Scene". So instead of 1920x1080, make it 1080x1920. $\endgroup$
    – Mutant Bob
    Dec 10, 2015 at 22:13
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ But it says "Scene" for all tabs $\endgroup$ Dec 10, 2015 at 22:15
  • $\begingroup$ You're half-right. A great many of those tabs do say Scene at the top. I was able to find some (the object tab for example) that did not. $\endgroup$
    – Mutant Bob
    Dec 10, 2015 at 22:17
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Still, not a good way to identify them $\endgroup$ Dec 10, 2015 at 22:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.