I have an issue with rendering an animation. I set the file format to mpeg but when it finishes rendering the output file that it gives me is '.dvd'. How do I solve this problem?
Here some steps that you can follow:
- Set the video format to FFMPEG
- Go in the Encoding drop-down just below the color settings in the bottom-left corner of the drop-down
- In the Video drop-down, in the Video Codec settings, choose the H.264 settings ( I think your problem is that there might be a default setting in Blender)
- Just to be safe Double-Check the Steps.
- Check if there is any bug, or consult a video tutorial on how to report one
I know I'm a little late to the party, but this is more for anybody else that has this problem and stumbles upon this in the future. I am also new to blender and tried to render as an .mpeg file. I also got the .dvd file problem. Here's what I did (there may be better ways, but this is just what I came up with on the spot(it worked)). I'm using a Windows 10 computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1rLDwHaY0 (shows how to change file type, pretty sure there are tutorials for any other OS you might have to do this) If this works, skip to: step 5.
If changing to mp4 doesn't work, load the original file into Movie Maker.
Add any audio you may have had when rendering.
Then follow this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QWbiTtaK_E (now it should show up as an mp4 file)
Now use this converter and it should be done: http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/video/MP4-to-MPEG.html
I know it's not fun, but this is how I did it for a small competition project. Hope it helps.