I'd like to make a transformer. I start with a car. There are three ways of doing this:
- using shape keys (my car consists of one object, but more than a single mesh) and keyframe the influences
- use armature (my car consists of more than a single object and each object consists of a single mesh) and parent each object to a bone (CtrlP)
- use armature (my car consists of one object, but more than a single mesh) and parent each vertex group to a bone.
In the 3rd case, what is the best way to achieve this:
- name the vertex group the same as the bone so they are automatically matched and parented
- or use at each bone a Bone constraint, use as object 'car', and use the wanted vertex group?