I need to do the following - import two different Collada-files, join them into one and combine their textures to one texture. So, the output should be one Collada file with just one texture. I am trying to bake textures like here: How to combine two different textures into one but get some strange result in the baked texture. Just for example - here is the joined object with two materials (and two textures):
What approach should I choose to make the correct texture and material?
I will describe the way I worked step-by-step:
- Load the first and the second model
- Position the models side-by-side (just like on the first screenshot)
- Created a new UV Map
- Created a new image in UV Image Editor with default size (1024x1024)
- Created a new material for the baked textures
- Went to the Texture tab with the material selected and in the material textures tab created a new texture
- In the texture selected the image created in step 4
- Went to the Render Tab
- Switched to the Edit Mode, selected everything with A in 3D View.
- In the UV Image Editor switched to the image to which I want everything to bake
- Push the Bake button in the Render Tab
Got this strange result.
What I have missed?
Thanks in advance!